Monday, April 19, 2010

Goddess of Poetry



The thid graders at Jillian's school each got a book of poetry published.  Jillian's is appropriately titled:

My Poems!  Not Yours!  So No Touchy!

Not only is it dedicated to yours truly, it has fabulous illustrations and some pretty impressive writing.  My favorite is a poem called:

 "Bed Thoughts"

I am a bed.  I give you a place to sleep
and help you count sheep.
And in return you always snore.
It's very, very hard to ignore.
I like me when I'm made and when you're on vacation.
Then I can have my evacuation!
I'd like to change being in one place,
to travel the world, meet people face-to-face.
I can only imagine the places I'd be.
That's what I'd like to change about me.
But wait...I'm not done.
It's actually quite fun.
The stories you read at night...
dragons, kings...I'm there all right!

2 comments:

  1. Wait a minute. Jillian wrote that???? Holy smokes! She has some talent! Love the picture too (and John in the back ground - what a hunk!) :)

    ReplyDelete